February 11, 2008

Extreme Makeover Home Edition: Part Deux








I made my primetime network debut last night on ABC! Well, at least a couple of my photographs did. So much more exciting than the Grammies, dontcha think ; )

Above are some photos from the show:
(1) shows them mounting "The Hanging Garden" wall mural that was used in the dining room
(2), (3) and (4) show the mural in context
(5) shows a print of the hanging garden that was framed and displayed on a wall outside the master bedroom
(6) shows "Liquid forest"

I'm very happy to have been able to contribute to this project in my small way for the very deserving Gilyeat family. I still can't believe they manage to build an entire house, even with hundreds of volunteers, in a single week!

12 comments:

becca said...

I want that mural in my dining room! That is so incredible, IS. You are becoming famous!

Steph said...

Congrats!
The mural looks amazing!

Kellybot said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome. I hope they give you credit on their website or something... so people can find you if they want their own art. Yay!

twiddlestix said...

That is really super cool! Love your work!

Lisa Holman of XSBaggage and Co. said...

Wow! That is impressive! How exciting for you. Your work is fabulous!

Mel said...

That is so cool! The room just wouldn't be the same without your photo as a mural. Congratulations!

pk fairaday said...

What an awesome story- and beautiful artwork, too! Congratulations!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

It looks great! I wish I had known earlier so I would have paid more attention while I was watching it (well as I was sewing)

Irene said...

becca: Well, maybe I've used up a few seconds of my 15 minutes. It's about time I suppose.

kellybot: Yes, I got a credit on the ABC website and I'm on the website of the mural company too.

steph, twiddlestix, lisa k, ninnerfish, pk, marissa: thank you!

Unknown said...

Thats so awesome!!Do you know how they found you?

trudette said...

Congrats !
It 's turned out beautiful !!!

MillieDog Designs said...

That is fantastic and VERY well deserved! Congrats!