May 30, 2008

Follow your bliss

"Follow your bliss". Joseph Campbell

This has been one of my favourite quotations for a very long time. My particular problem was that I didn't know what that was. At least not until I became passionate about photography about 3 years ago.

I finally heeded that advice. Today, I worked my last day as a Technical Writer to pursue my photography career. I'm about 90% excited beyond belief and 10% utterly terrified. But I suppose that's perfectly normal, and not a bad ratio.

And now, off to celebrate!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD for you, Irene. YAY! This is certainly exciting and I am convinced you will do superbly! And now you and Mr T will be spending more time together :-)

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! Best of luck Irene. I'm sure you'll be hugely successful. Your work is extraordinary.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, self-employment doing something you love is both exhilirating and terrifying at the same time. That never changes.

Unknown said...

irene...you were meant to follow this as your bliss. gifted beyond belief.

Unknown said...

Irene, you know I have every faith in you. You are one of the most talented people I know. Follow that bliss!