March 19, 2010

Hello spring!







It's official as of tomorrow and I'm rather blissed out about it. The weather this week has been gorgeous and unusually warm for mid-March in Montreal.

In the spirit of spring and cleaning and such, this week I undertook Phase I of my massively ambitious decluttering project: books! I do love 'em but I have way too many of them. And right now, I value the space that will be created more. It's a huge task, and there are moments when I feel overwhelmed, but it's mostly been energizing. Now if I could only stop sneezing from all the dust that's been freed up.

Of course, before undertaking such a task, I had to read a book about it. And that book was Shed your stuff, change your life by Julie Morgenstern. I realized that my project was about more than just decluttering, but was part of a transition. Although I became a full-time photographer almost two years ago, the transformation has never really felt complete. Perhaps there's been some fear that I wouldn't succeed and that I should hang on to that old me "just in case". But I feel ready to let some of it go and to create the space necessary to nurture this more creative self.

16 comments:

al said...

I just really love your photos. How do you get that 'vintage' effect? I'm always in awe when seeing your images.

A said...

I wish Spring was really here - in Finland we have lots of snow, and I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't melted in May, either..

I really love those photos, the colours are amazing!

Robbin said...

beautiful shots! and congrats on pursuing your passion ---- you are an inspiration! - Robbin

Lorena // gemagenta said...

BEAUTIFUL as always :) Congratulations for your amazing work.

Unknown said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSS
welcome!!!!!!

Kiss

nadine paduart said...

so it is...!
heavens

A New England Life said...

Wonderful blog and beautiful photos! So glad I stopped by : )

PK Studios said...

Such beautiful images as usual..... so dreamy! Happy Spring!

Tracy D. said...

I have one of Morgenstern's books too (you've reminded me I need to have another look at it). Good luck with your decluttering and... great photos!

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous photos

PrairieGarden-Liane said...

I'm attempting to declutter as well. I've been attempting it for years now :-) ah well, it's good to have goals. So pleased to hear your succeeding (in so many ways!).

lisaroy said...

gorgeous!

Katie*Belle said...

These photos are absolutely stunning! I'm so glad spring is here.

be not blind said...

Great work! ..Skills. I'm jealous of the places you get to go! :)

Galit said...

So beautiful!
Love your photos!

staci Edwards Design said...

beautiful photos!